Sunday, September 16, 2012

Squash

I went to my Mom's the other day & as great moms do, she sent me home with some fresh goods from her garden. Yum! Squash... Doesn't that just tell you that Fall is Here? So I found 2 variations in my "Betty Crocker Cookbook".   

Caribbean Crunch Squash
I was really excited about the Caribbean Squash, it included coconut on the top(which I love!).  But I will be honest with you.. It was not the best. Not terrible, but I will most likely not make it again.
The Caribbean Crunch Squash-- I will give 1 Star.

1 buttercup squash
2T Butter
2T Peach preserves
2T Graham Cracker Crumbs
2T Coconut
1/4tsp ginger
1/8tsp allspice
1/8 tsp pepper.

Put combines mixture into the squash (as shown below) Bake @ 350'F for 45-60 min or until tender.

Glazed Squash.
The Glazed Squash was very simple. Glazed Squash-- I will give 3 Stars.
Just adding 1Tbs. of Whipping (Heavy) Cream
1Tbs. of Maple Syrup to the center (shown below) before you bake it (baking instructions are same as above).
Happy Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment