Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Spaghetti Pie W/ Garlic Bread



Another cold night ahead and I am in the mood for some good ol' home cooked Italian Food! I make Italian food quit often but I am not the kind of cook who will add oregano and other spices, cheeses and vegetables like those great chefs do. So I was excited about my meal tonight! Spaghetti Pie? Sounds interesting.. It includes green pepper, chili powder, and mozzarella cheese. Three things I would have never thought of adding to my "typical bland spaghetti". What goes better with some hearty pasta than some warm Garlic Bread? The only Garlic Bread I have ever baked has been the kind you find in aisle 8 at the supermarket in the frozen food section. This could be a real treat!

That it was. I was more than impressed with the taste of the pie, So many flavors and so filling! The garlic bread warmed me from the inside out. It was a fabulous dinner that I will be making again!
Spaghetti Pie
4 oz Uncooked Spaghetti 1/2 lb. Ground beef
1 Small Green Pepper
1 Small Onion
1 Jar (14oz) Tomato paste sauce (I used Spaghetti sauce)
1tsp Chili Powder
1/2tsp Salt
1/4tsp Pepper
2 Lg Eggs
1 C. Cottage Cheese
1/2 C. Mozzarella Cheese

(If you hold uncooked spaghetti together in a bundle 4oz is about as big around as the size of a Quarter)

1. Heat oven to 375' Spray 10 inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.

2.Meanwhile in 10-inch skillet, cook beef, bell pepper and onion over medium heat 8-10 min, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in pasta sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook 5-6 min, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened.

3. Place spaghetti in pie plate; gently press on bottom on bottom and 1 inch up the sides.

4. In a bowl stir eggs and cottage cheese until well mixed; spread evenly over spaghetti. Spoon beef mixture over cottage cheese mixture. Sprinkle with Mozzarella Cheese.

5. Bake 35-45 min or until center is set. Let stand 5 min before cutting.

Garlic Bread
1 clove garlic, Finely chopped, or 1/4tsp Garlic Powder (I used Garlic Powder)
1/3 C. Butter (soft)
1 loaf French Bread, cut into 1 inch slices

1. Heat oven to 400'F

2. In bowl, stir garlic and butter until well mixed.

3. Spread butter mixture over one side of each bread slice. Reassemble loaf; wrap securely in foil.

4. Bake 15- 20 min or until hot.


2 comments:

  1. This looks AMAZING!! I can't wait to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is delicious! I have been thinking about making it again! So simple! :)

    ReplyDelete