Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Banana Cream Pie

There is something new I learned tonight.
1. I am now a pie lover.
2. My husband is a big Banana Cream Pie Fan!
I have some left over crust from the previous night, also a couple of bananas that needed to be used... so I thought I would try my hand at another pie! It was fantastic, such a great snack. We enjoyed it with some hot chocolate on this cold September night. I will be making this again soon to share with some family and friends!

Butter Crunch Crust
1C. Flour
1/2 C. Butter
1/4 C. Brown Sugar

Mix together with a pastry blender until crumbly, sprinkle into a 9x13 pan. Cook in 400' for 15 min or until golden brown. Press into a 9' pie pan.

Banana Cream Pie
4 Large Egg Yolks
2/3 C. Sugar
1/4 C. Cornstarch
1/2tsp Salt
3 C. Milk
2 T. Butter (Soft)
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 Large Bananas

In bowl beat egg yolks with fork, set aside. In saucepan mix sugar, cornstarch & salt. Gradually stir in Milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil & stir 1 min.

Immediately stir in at least half of the hot mixture gradually into egg yolks, then stir back into hot mixture in saucepan. Boil & Stir 1 min ; remove from heat. Stir in butter & vanilla; cool filling slightly. Slice bananas into pie crust; pour warm filling over bananas. Refrigerate 2hrs until set.

Happy Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment