Friday, January 27, 2017

Meat Loaf

Since the birth of our daughter I am staying home now with her and I found myself looking for some new recipes seeing we are eating at home a lot more often after having our little one! My sister suggested I get started on my blog again so after 3 years of silence... here I go!!


1 1/2-lb lean (at least 80%) Ground Beef
1 C. Milk
1 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp. Chopped Fresh or 1/4 tsp. Dried Sage Leaves (I did not use)
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Ground Mustard
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 Clove of Garlic, finely chopped, or 1/8 tsp. Garlic Powder (I used fresh)
1 Large Egg
3 Slices of Bread, torn into small pieces*
*1/2 C. Dried Bread Crumbs or 3/4 C. Quick-Cooking Oats can be substituted (I used Oatmeal)
1 Small Onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
1/2 C. Ketchup, Chili Sauce, or BBQ Sauce (I used Ketchup)

1. Heat Oven to 350*F

2. In large bowl mix all ingredients except ketchup. Spread into an ungreased 8x4 or 9x5 loaf pan, or shape into 9x5-inch loaf in ungreased 9x13 pan. Spread ketchup over the top.

3. Bake uncovered 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until beef in no longer pink in the center (160*F) Drain meatloaf.

4. Let stand 5 minutes; remove from pan

I never really liked meatloaf growing up. But I found out recently that my husband is a big fan! I never made it for him but it is something my mom makes so it was a real treat! Now that I started doing my challenge again I got out my cookbook for a new place to start! What better thing to start with than his favorite! Surprisingly the older I get my taste buds must be changing because I thought this was great and even got myself a second serving. I will be marking this as *Very Good* in my cookbook! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment