Saturday, January 28, 2017

Pancakes

I love making a little bigger breakfast on the weekends. My grandma mentioned to me last weekend that she had made some blueberry pancakes so that has been on my mind all week! So today was the day I gave it a try. Karlyle, however, does not like fruit in his pancakes, but he does like chocolate chips. So we split the batter and did half and half. I (not liking chocolate for breakfast) thought the blueberries tasted much better with the whole wheat flour. If I made chocolate chip pancakes again I would probably use the regular flour with this recipe. 

1 Lg Egg
1 C Whole Wheat or Regular Flour (I used Whole Wheat)
3/4 C Milk
1 T Sugar
2 T Vegetable Oil
3 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt

1. In medium bowl beat egg with mixer until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. For thinner pancakes stir in additional 1-2 T of Milk.

2. Heat Griddle to 375' Grease griddle with vegetable oil or spray if necessary.

3. For each pancake use slightly less than 1/4 C batter. Cook pancakes until bubbly on top, puffed and dry around the edges. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.

** Betty Crocker Helpful Hint: The second side never browns as easily as the first.

Chocolate Chip Pancakes: Add 1/4 C. Mini Chocolate Chips

Blueberry Pancakes: Add 1/2 C. Blueberries ( Or any desired berry)

No comments:

Post a Comment